Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Qingdao (青岛)

I will be undertaking an intensive Chinese course at Qingdao University in northeastern-central China. Qingdao is a medium sized Chinese city of approximately 8 million people. It is located on the coast and is analogous to China’s Miami, without the latter’s party-centered culture. Qingdao is also interesting in that it was German-controlled for a large part of its history. That is why Qingdao hosts an international brewing company known in America as Tsingtao…then again I may have just butchered that spelling, but I’m fairly oblivious to the beer drinking culture. In Qingdao I will be participating in cultural activities and intensive studies using the textbook that my own teacher wrote. This program is considered one of the most difficult, and I’m simultaneously quite excited and very nervous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment